The Ibu Saku Single Blanket that was originally designed for children has had so much success that parents are now wanting to have this option on their bed. “Saku” (Indonesian word for Pockets) allows you to customise the weight on your side of the bed.
Constructed in one piece it is perfect for couples.
The Ibu Saku is a Chamelon – it looks like a normal duvet BUT with a difference. If you were fortunate enough to remember going to grandma’s house as a child and she tucked you in so snugly – that’s what this feels like. Brings back those happy memories of being safe and secure in your bed.
Each pocket has 3 fasteners to keep the weight in.
Safe and secure because the whole blanket can be encased in its own cover and fastened all around the edges to keep it stable and hygenic.
The Ibu Saku comes with the cover of your choice but with no weights. Each individual will need a different amount of weight. Order separately on website.
The outer cover can be custom made from a wide range of fabrics and trims to suit your decor. We can make from King Single to Super King Blankets. We have quoted for King Single and Queen Blankets on this site but please enquire to discuss your options.
The difference that makes the IBU Blanket so versatile and the preferred Weighted Modality with OT’s (Occupational Therapists).
1. Constructed in 100% cotton
2. The weight is not sewn in.
3. Allows a person with respiratory problems to insert weight away from their respiratory system.
4. Weights can be placed where it’s most needed and customised by the individual to their needs on a
any given day.
5. Choice of fabric for the outer cover.
6. Bespoke to fit any bed size.
7. Blanket for Life. Once you have the Ibu the only other expense over time would be more weight
sacks as your child gets older or heavier …and if you wish to have another cover.
8. Lifetime guarantee on workmanship.
9. Every part of the IBU can be washed in your domestic Washing Machine.
10. Can be taken on holiday with you. Weight sacks are removable. Allowing the IBU to be packed like a
Rule of thumb: if you weigh 60kgs you will need 6kgs of weight. (Each weight sack weighs 125g)
See the Q & A section for any questions you may have under the IBU SCIENCE tab – otherwise, contact us.